Level: Grade 3 and up
Objective: Practice guarding, dribbling, passing, and shooting.
Equipment: One basketball, masking tape, basketball court
1) Show students that basketball court is divided into nine areas.
2) One player from each team is placed in each box.
3) The two players in the center box jump for the ball.
4) Without leaving their assigned boxes, the players pass and dribble the ball from box to box until a basket is scored.
5) This game can usually be played for about 30 minutes.
6) Each basket is two points.
Assessment: The team with the most points wins!