Objective: Cognitive awareness of distinguishing long a and o sounds.
Level: Kindergarten and up
1) Divide students into two groups and one leader.
2) Label one group the Cranes and one the Crows.
3) Have the groups line up on opposite ends of the court or area.
4) The leader will call out either Cranes or Crows.
5) The group that is called must run to the other end of the court.
6) If any member is tagged they now join the leader.
7) The leader may also choose to call out “All the birds in the air” which calls both groups.