Level: 3rd grade and up
Objective: Students will use ball-handling skills while running
Equipment: One ball per team
1) Divide students into even teams.
2) Have them line up on one end of the gym on the starting line.
3) Have first two players toss ball back and forth to each other while running to the turn line (approximately 25 feet from start line ) and return to the starting line.
4) Players must pass the ball at least eight times while running or they will need to repeat their turn.
5) Upon their return, the next two players repeat the steps above.
6) First team to have all members complete the task will sit down and wait for the rest of the class to finish.
Assessment: Observe students ball handling skills while running.