Grade Level: 1-2
Graphing The 5 Senses Lesson Plan PDF
Concept: Graphing with the Five Senses
> Students will gather data based on interviews
> Students will be able to graph the data
> Students will be able to make comparisons based on their data
> Example of a bar graph
> Graph paper
> Colored pencils or markers
> Copy of the “Five Senses” song
> Graphing worksheet
1. Show the students a picture of a bar graph that you have found in a newspaper or magazine. Without any information g
the students can figure out what it is used for.
2. Tell them that they are going to be doing something similar to this. Ask them if you can make a
bar graph without any information (no). How do we gather information? When they get to ask
questions, that’s the cue.
1. Tell the students that today we are going to work on gathering information and our subject is going to be the five
1. Divide the class into five groups, one for each of the senses. Have them brainstorm their five
favorite things that has to do with that sense. (Favorite smell, sight, sound, touch, and taste.)
2. Have each student make a chart with each of those things as a heading for a column.
3. To gather data, let the students mingle around the room and have them survey each other