Feeling - Social Studies Lesson Plan
In this social studies lesson, students will be able to realize that not
everyone reacts the same|
to the same event. This lesson can also be adapted if your class is having
problems getting along or if you have very sensitive students in your class. You
will discuss different reactions to different events including crashes, natural
Grade level: 3-4
1. Students will be able to realize that not everyone reacts the same to the
1. Poster board
1. Begin by saying, "There are many events that happen around the world. All of
these events impact us in some way, but they impact us all differently."
2. Go over what the students will be doing.
1. b. Learning activities
1. We will have a class discussion of some events that are happening in the
United States (e.g., plane crash, train crash). We will also have a class
discussion about events that are happening locally (e.g., snow storm, burning
2. Students will write down an event that I give them.
3. They will write down how they felt when it happened.
4. Students will share how it impacted them and I will write each response on
the poster board.
5. When all students have shared their feelings, I'll give the students another
even, like dancing, and they will write down their feelings and how others in
their family feel about it. ("Do you enjoy it? Do you do it often?")
6. After they have written their feelings down they will share what they wrote.
1. Tell the students, "No matter what kind of event there is, it impacts
everybody. Just like the event you all wrote about. It was one event, but you
all had different feelings about it."
2. Tell the students, "It is okay to have different responses and feel
differently about an event."
1. Put the students into groups.
2. Each group will get a different event.
3. They will have a discussion on how the event impacts them and their feelings
about the event.
Students will write about their group discussions (what impact it had on each
and the different feelings). They will also explain, in their writing, why there
responses, "They should be able to tell me that everyone has different feelings
and it is okay to have different feelings.
Lesson Plans To
Please Original Work Only - No Copyright
or Stolen Material
For Comments &